WHAT REQUIREMENTS DO I HAVE TO COMPLY IF I WANT TO ENTER IN SPAIN BUT I DO NOT NEED A VISA?
If your country of nationality does not need a visa to Spain, it does not mean that you do not have to meet a series of requirements and you can make your trip without anything else.
Once you arrive at the border control in Spain, you must take with you:
- Valid biometric or machine-readable passport, whose expiration date is greater than three months after the end of the stay.
- Confirmed round trip ticket not exceeding 90 days.
- Accommodation justification:
- In case of staying in the private residence of a friend or relative residing in Spain, they must provide an invitation letter that the person inviting in Spain must process before any police station of the National Police Force in Spain according to Order PRE / 1283/2007, of May 10, which establishes the terms and requirements for the issuance of the invitation letter of individuals in favor of foreigners who intend to access the national territory for reasons of a tourist or private nature. (If you need help we can help you present your invitation letter, CONTACT US).
- In the case of a stay in hotels, present active reservations for their accommodation.
- Sufficient financial resources for the period of stay in Spain
- Travel insurance that covers medical expenses for 30,000 euros and repatriations.
The border police may ask you for all the documentation or part of the aforementioned documentation, but it will all depend on the control they do on you when entering Spain.
Therefore, we can see people who only ask you to prove financial means and nothing else, and we can see other people who ask you to show accommodation and economic means.
What is certain is that if you come to Spain and you do not bring all the correct documentation, or you do not correctly prove that you are going to return to your country of origin or provenance, it may be that your entry will be denied.